Brookhaven and Home

Today was the day to go home. Yesterday or the day before that we arranged to drive down with Bianca, who is moving to Brookhaven, Mississippi. The town near where she will be employed is on the way to New Orleans so it was no trouble. Krystle and I arrived at Bianca’s place sometime around noon if I recall correctly. She had most of the packing done but there were a couple things she still needed to load like her dog. I volunteered Krystle to take a couple of Bianca’s pieces of luggage.We didn’t make the time for lunch so we just stopped at McDonalds on the way out of town. Bianca just started driving not long ago and wanted some company for the drive so I rode with her in her new Honda. Krystle led the way in front of us. The ride was uneventful for the first hour or so and then we ran into some heavy rain which made for rather unpleasant driving. The rain continued on and off for the rest of the ride to Brookhaven. Krystle got pretty far ahead of us after we both stopped in separate placed outside of Jackson. We caught up with her in a funeral home parking lot and went the rest of the way to Bianca’s place. She’s rented a nice little duplex off a small road. When we arrived, there was no electricity. Apparently there was an issue with the previous tenant. Luckily there was still daylight so we were able to unpack her car without any trouble. She managed to pack an impressive amount of stuff in her small car.After we finished unpacking we all went to the local Wal-Mart to get some things for her house like detergent and other cleaning supplies. With the shopping done, we drove around a bit to find a place to eat dinner. We eventually decided on a place called Mitchell’s Steak & Seafood. I can’t quite remember what I had but it was decent.After dinner we drove back to Bianca’s place. It was still without power but her landlord arranged for her to stay at a hotel for the night. Krystle and I said our goodbyes and drove the rest of the way to New Orleans. There was more rain and more stressful driving the rest of the way down. We got home safe around 11.

Comments are closed.