End of the End

I had to get up earlier than usual to cover the phones this morning, although I didn’t actually take any calls. Dad left early this morning for a trade show and I had to take a cab to work. I arrived at 10:45. I worked on a little dictation this afternoon and got a chart copy requests done. Dad took me to campus for about five. I just sat around in the classroom with my laptop for a while since there wasn’t really enough time to bother going elsewhere.The final exam of Math for Information Technology was just under 30 questions. Even I found the questions comparatively easy and the test was open notes and textbook. Although I probably would have been lost without the use of my notes, I was pretty confidant I did alright on the exam. It took me a little over an hour to complete and I was the second one to finish. I hope I did well and I think I did, but my mind could be deceiving me and I finished “early” because I had no idea what the hell I was doing. I suppose I’ll find out soon enough.In spite of the fact that I may have done rather poorly in two classes this term, I was still delighted and relieved to be finished with this term. Of all my semesters at Tulane, this one had both the best and worst of times. My art survey class was downright unpleasant and the visual communications class was just pointless. My Louisiana History class was a pure pleasure. The material was interesting and Mr. Fontenot oration made state politics genuinely entertaining. Math class was a mixed bag because the subject is by far my worst and I performed rather miserably. However, Mr. Simmons was one of the most kind-hearted, accessible and understanding instructors I’ve encountered and the classes themselves were actually enjoyable. Those Thursday nights also had the added benefit of the ballroom dancing club. I still can’t dance to save my life but it was a lot of fun and has served as another small step on my hundred years’ war on introversion.With the commentary over, I can finish up with the rest of the evening. After class I walked over to the LBC to get something to eat and relax a bit before heading home. I called a cab and got home at quarter past eight. Later this evening I fought with the Zune software some more with no success and played HL2: Episode 3 for a while. I lost track of time and got to bed later than I should have.

Comments are closed.