I’m skipping over a work week again there just wasn’t much of circumstance to report. This weekend, the whole family including myself drove out to Destin, Florida for a long weekend vacation. We left the house early Friday morning at about seven. We arrived sometime around one I think. We arrived two hours before we could check into the condo so we had lunch at a seafood place we’d been to before. Apparently we’d been there before but I didn’t remember the place. I don’t remember that much about the last time we visited Destin a few years back. After lunch we went a place called The Track, which I do remember because it’s next door to the hotel we stayed at last time. Dad and I spent our time in the small arcade while Mom and my brothers played mini golf in the blistering heat. There wasn’t much in the arcade to keep me amused. The one pinball machine, Terminator 3, was being repaired. I did get t play it later on though. We left after a couple hours. We stayed at a high-rise condo right on the beach called the Pelican Beach Resort. It’s actually quite nice. The suites have two bedrooms, two baths and a deck overlooking the shoreline. I remained here for the rest of the evening although the others went to the beach and the store this evening. Late that night I watched V for Vendetta. On Saturday, we took a sail boat cruise aboard the Silent Lady, manned by two amicable and easy-going gentleman. This was my first time on a sail boat, as well as the smallest as my experience with sea-faring vessels is basically limited to ferries. The cruise lasted a couple hours. We sailed from the harbor out to the gulf for a little while and then back again, going under the Destin Bridge to Choctawhatchee Bay briefly. The masts barely cleared the overpass. Later that evening, Mom and Dad got pizza for dinner and I watched V for Vendetta again with them this time. Sunday was comparatively uneventful. The family went down to the beach for a while. That was about all I remember. On Monday we drove home in the morning. We got there around 1:30 I didn’t go to work though.

Comments are closed.