Game 2 – Astral Project

Shortly after I meandered out of bed this morning, Uncle Larry showed up at the house to work on the plumbing. We’ve had a slow leak somewhere that causes a running water sound to mild noise through the house. Dad, Andrew and I went to see Tulane play Cal State again at Zypher Field this afternoon. We left the house around noon. We brought some food and drinks along. We didn’t have all that much time to eat it as it took a while to get in, the place was rather jammed with cars. We took our time with the finger sandwiches though and walked in after the 1st inning. Tulane did a little better today, but not good enough. The game wasn’t much to watch until the 7th inning. Going in the score was 9-3. Tulane rallied however, scoring five runs in the 7th, bringing the score to 9-8. Unfortunately there was no more scoring and Tulane lost by one which at the very least was better than losing by 14. After the game, Dad took me to Mandina’s after stopping by the office for a minute. Although it was pretty crowded, I felt lucky to get a table in just a couple minutes. Melanie arrived about 10 minutes after I got a table. We split a shrimp po-boy, which was more than enough. After dinner we caught a streetcar down Canal St. to go to a show this evening. We walked across the quarter to Frenchman St. after getting off at the end of the line. We went to see Astral Project play at Snug Harbor for nine. We arrived at about 20 past eight. A lot of seats were already taken. There were some cameras there, which the audience was told were filming for a live DVD. The show was alright, although I enjoyed them more the last time we saw them New Year ‘s Eve I think. After the show we walked next door to d.b.a. where Dad said he’d be for an 11 o’clock show. I called him and learned he wasn’t able to leave the house this evening. Melanie said she was tired anyway and wanted to go home. We walked down Decatur a good ways looking for a United Cab so I could use the account. We eventually found one parked on Conti. As it turns out, it was the same driver as the cab I took last night, I figured there wasn’t a snowball’s chance in hell I’d ever see the same cab driver twice. I rode with Melanie to her house and then went home myself after dropping her off. I was on the computer for a while after I got home and I think I talked to Khadijah on the phone for a little while before going to bed.

Comments are closed.