The Raven

I was in no particular hurry to get up this morning as I didn’t have anywhere to be until five. For the most part I lounged around in my room until about one and eventually went out for lunch. I didn’t know exactly where I was going, I just wandered around until I found an interesting place. I stopped at a largely vacant Bayona but they required a reservation which I didn’t have.I ended up at Bourbon House just down the street from my hotel. I had the three course lunch special with the “Ponchatoula Strawberry Salad” which tasted like dessert. That was followed by the “Crawfish & Cognac Pasta” which was quite good and rather filling. I’m not sure what I was thinking in ordering a multi course meal with a pasta dish. I didn’t finish the pasta to save some room for dessert. The finish was a small, well presented piece of strawberry cheesecake.After lunch I went back to the hotel for a little while to rest and watch TV before heading to work this evening. I caught a cab right along side my hotel and got to WVUE in quick fashion. I do not remember anything in particular from the workday.Shortly after 10, Andrey stopped by the station to pick me up. We were to meet up with David and Patrick and go out somewhere. We picked up David uptown and then heard from Patrick who said he would meet us later. We went from David’s house to a dumpy bar on Maple Street called the Raven which dependably has vacant pool tables. They also have a terrible beer selection and which relegated us to miller high life longnecks.We played a couple games before hearing from Patrick who said he couldn’t make it. Around two we left there for the evening. I went with Andrey and took David home. Andrey agreed to give me a ride back to the hotel. On the way there we went to stop at one hotel bar he wanted to check out. I don’t recall which one it was but it was closed for the evening. We ended up stopping at another hotel bar downtown. I don’t remember which one that was either. I do recall the bartended who we had an interesting conversation with. He owned the place and was familiar with the circumstances behind the closing of the Ohm Lounge, yet another hotel bar we frequented that closed down recently. After about an hour there I walked the rest of the way back to my hotel room.

Comments are closed.