Day Off

Dad dropped me off at Tulane a bit early this afternoon so I had time to get some lunch before my afternoon class. Without that much time to spare or an adventurous mood, I just ate at the bubble. While I was there I spoke to Bianca on the phone. She was in town for the holiday and we arranged to meet downtown this afternoon. During today’s architecture class, we watched the rest of “The End of Suburbia.” I was disappointed he didn’t ask the class what we thought of the film as it deprived me the opportunity to state I thought the documentary was a poorly headlined, fear-mongering piece of shit. Class was dismissed early at about 1:20. I just missed a shuttle downtown and the next one didn’t come until an hour later. I eventually met up with Bianca at Wendy’s shortly before three. She wanted to go to a gem and lapidary shop in the quarter so we walked there. I’ve been to the place with her on several occasions. I’ve never bought anything there myself before today. I got my first bit of Christmas shopping done. After browsing around in there for what seemed like an hour, we wandered over to the French Market. I very seldom find myself in the quarter during the day so I haven’t been to the Market is quite some time. At the moment I can’t think of ever visiting there while actually living here. After leaving the French Market we went to Caf Du Monde for a short while to sit down and spoil our dinner. After leaving there, Bianca wanted to go back to the gem shop and we did. I can’t say I was thrilled by the idea. After another 20 minutes in there, Bianca bought $1.64 worth of rocks. After leaving there again we walked to Canal Place. I wanted to see how the mall was coming along and perhaps say hi to Christy if she was working at the theater this evening. We walked through the mall a short while. We went though Saks, which must have reopened rather recently. After leaving the mall we walked back towards Jackson Square to Muriel’s where we had dinner this evening. This was my first time at this particular restaurant. We arrived at about six, it was rather quiet there this evening. I had the Dijon mustard crusted salmon, which was pretty good. As I suspected however, I wasn’t overwhelmingly fond of fish with a cream sauce. Bianca had a pork dish, which was considerably more intimidating than my choice. After dinner we caught a cab home. I wanted to stay out later and hear some music but Bianca needed to be home early. When I arrived home, Aunt Lauren and Arien were there. They were in town for the holiday and staying with us a couple days. Later that evening, I watched Truman.

Comments are closed.